[rt-users] Segmentation fault - clearing cookie fixes it

Jon Baker me at jdavidbaker.com
Fri Dec 5 12:49:31 EST 2008

I just upgraded my RT to 3.8.1 (was 3.7.1) and it was working along
fine.  I noticed the graph views, and thought that sounded
interesting, so I clicked on that, and suddenly my screen went blank.
Looking at the logs I see a segmentation fault.  I dug around for
quite a while trying to solve this to no avail.  I installed some perl
packages that were being complained about in the logs, but still,
nothing.  I went and restored my database from before the upgrade, and
it started working again.  I did the same chart and it broke again.  I
then tried it from a different browser and it was working over there -
so I got rid of the session cookie and it started working on the other
browser.  I have no idea what is getting set in the cookie that would
be causing the segmentation fault - any ideas?
--
Jon Baker

"This e-mail has been transmitted using 100% recycled electrons."