[rt-users] GMT still being used as date after updating Config?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Dec 8 14:42:06 EST 2008

On Mon  8.Dec'08 at 14:25:19 -0500, Mark Grob wrote:
> I have an issue with the date/time stamp on a ticket at generation. It
> appears to still use GMT on the Database side (MySQL) even after I
> configured RT_Config.pm to Eastern (US) Standard Time?

That's correct. RT uses GMT internally so that when you set your local
timezone, the dates shift in the UI but aren't _wrong_.

> I clear Mason Data and rebooted Apache still records new tickets as
> GMT instead of Eastern.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Version is 3.6.x (heavly modified) of RT + RTFM.

(When you come up to 3.8, your users will all be able to set their own
timezones independently, which is another important reason to keep
internal dates in something 'standard')

-Jesse