[rt-users] Emailing (=contacting users) via RT?

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Fri Dec 12 16:46:33 EST 2008

I might have an analogous situtation.

Our security team might find a machine they have to filter off
the network.  They can lookup the net admin for that department,
and they want to create an RT ticket with that admin as CC,
so they can record the subsequent interactions.

They want all email to go through RT, so they don't want the
initial email to go directly to the admin.  They want the initial
mail to go ONLY to RT, but they want RT to THINK the admin
was cc'ed on the email.

As it turned out for an unrelated reason, we run procmail ahead of
RT, and we have a procmail rule that changes headers like this:

  Comments: cc: bobg at abc.com

to this:

  cc: bobg at abc.com

So, the security team sends off an email like this: