[rt-users] Latin Characters

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Thu Dec 18 04:25:50 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 02:08:41PM -0430, Eliezer E Chávez wrote:
> The issue only happens with content that its stored in the database
>
> SQL> select * from nls_database_parameters where
> parameter='NLS_CHARACTERSET';
>
> PARAMETER                      VALUE
> NLS_CHARACTERSET               WE8ISO8859P1

Should be enough for most spanish chars, but RT is supposed to be full
UTF-8, so I suggest you to dump/restore the database and do this before
import:

export NLS_LANG="AMERICAN_AMERICA.AL32UTF8"
export NLS_NCHAR="AL32UTF8"

Also, really check that you have a default charset UTF-8 in your apache
config for your vhost, in doubt add:

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8