[rt-users] Autocreated users and ldap auth

Robert Munsch Munsch at phillycarshare.org
Thu Dec 18 15:23:21 EST 2008

I'm using Authen::ExternalAuth and it seems to be working.  If a user
logs in to RT using Active Directory credentials, they get in and get
autocreated.

However, if before RT login, they submit a ticket, they cannot log in:
rt complains that the email address is already in use (AD lookup finds
the email they submitted from) and says it's in use.  I think I've
misunderstood: I thought RT would treat identical info as one account,
and LDAP lookup would take precedence.  How can I merge them so ldap
lookup is always used, whether they submitted a ticket or not..?

I'm not sure I'm asking this clearly.  Should I be turning off the
create-on-ticket-submit functionality to achieve this?

Rob Munsch

IT Administrator

http://www.PhillyCarShare.org <http://www.PhillyCarShare.org>

Our wheels.  Your freedom.