[rt-users] Autocreated users and ldap auth

Joe Hartley joe.hartley at retailsolutions.com
Thu Dec 18 15:36:58 EST 2008

> I'm using Authen::ExternalAuth and it seems to be working.  If a user
logs in to RT using Active Directory credentials, they get in and get
autocreated.

> However, if before RT login, they submit a ticket, they cannot log in:
rt complains that the email address is already in use (AD lookup finds
the email they submitted from) and says it's in use.  I think I've
misunderstood: I thought RT would treat identical info as one account,
and LDAP lookup would take precedence.  How can I merge them so ldap
lookup is always used, whether they submitted a ticket or not..?

> I'm not sure I'm asking this clearly.  Should I be turning off the
create-on-ticket-submit functionality to achieve this?

I just ran into this myself when setting up our LDAP authentication.
Our problem was that the LDAP server did not actually have the email
address stored, so the username created in RT was the email address.  I
had to go in and manually change the usernames of all the accounts with
email addresses in the username field.

What's the value of 'attr_match_list' and 'attr_map' in your
RT_SiteConfig.pm file?