[rt-users] fixdeps errors: DBD::SQLite and DBIx::SearchBuilder

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 11:55:58 EST 2008

Ruslan:
  Thanks for the tip.  Forcing SQLite succeeded, and 'make fixdeps' took care of the rest.  I think I'm almost there.
  My next/current problem is with FastCGI.  My rt-test-dependencies indicate it should work.  However, when I add these lines to my httpd.conf as described in the doc at http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/FastCGIConfiguration:

# Tell FastCGI to put its temporary files somewhere sane.
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

# Number of processes is tunable, but you need at least 3 or 4
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -processes 4

I get errors when trying to start apache:

"Invalid command 'FastCgiIpcDir', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration"

I'm using the apache which came standard on my slackware 12.2 distribution.

root at tuxtrack:/space/rt-packages# httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.2.10 (Unix)
Server built:   Oct 22 2008 17:54:27
Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:18
Server loaded:  APR 1.3.3, APR-Util 1.3.4
Compiled using: APR 1.3.3, APR-Util 1.3.4
Architecture:   32-bit
Server MPM:     Prefork
  threaded:     no
    forked:     yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/httpd/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/httpd/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/httpd.conf"
root at tuxtrack:/space/rt-packages#

>From what I can tell, the available modules in /usr/lib/httpd/modules/ do not include a mod_fastcgi.so (name?).  I only see mod_cgi.so.  I tried downloading and compiling the module from http://www.fastcgi.com/drupal/ which created a libfcgi.so.  I copied that into /usr/lib/httpd/modules/ and made an entry in httpd.conf:

LoadModule libfcgi lib/httpd/modules/libfcgi.so

But it didn't like that at all:

httpd: Syntax error on line 54 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf: Can't locate API module structure `libfcgi' in file /usr/lib/httpd/modules/libfcgi.so: /usr/lib/httpd/modules/libfcgi.so: undefined symbol: libfcgi

Perhaps I'm heading down the wrong path.
Any help would be great.

Thanks!