[rt-users] fixdeps errors: DBD::SQLite and DBIx::SearchBuilder

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 13:07:01 EST 2008

--- On Wed, 12/31/08, Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com> wrote:
From: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [rt-users] fixdeps errors: DBD::SQLite and DBIx::SearchBuilder
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 9:55 AM

Ruslan:
  Thanks for the tip.  Forcing SQLite succeeded, and 'make fixdeps' took care of the rest.  I think I'm almost there.
  My next/current problem is with FastCGI.  My rt-test-dependencies indicate it should work.  However, when I add these lines to my httpd.conf as described in the doc at http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/FastCGIConfiguration:

# Tell FastCGI to put its temporary files somewhere sane.
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

# Number of processes is tunable, but you need at least 3 or 4
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -processes 4

I get errors when trying to start apache:

"Invalid command 'FastCgiIpcDir', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration"

I'm using the
 apache which came standard on my slackware 12.2 distribution.

I believe I have figured it out.  I did the following:

downloaded http://www.fastcgi.com/dist/mod_fastcgi-2.4.6.tar.gz

compiled it:

root at tuxtrack:/space/rt-packages/mod_fastcgi-2.4.6# apxs -o mod_fastcgi.so -c *.c

copied it to a place where apache will find it:

root at tuxtrack:/space/rt-packages/mod_fastcgi-2.4.6# cp .libs/mod_fastcgi.so /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_fastcgi.so

Updated httpd.conf with the VirtualHost entry and FastCGI entries as described in the documentation, as well as added:

LoadModule fastcgi_module lib/httpd/modules/mod_fastcgi.so

Also had to add (to get rid of "Permission Denied" error):

<Directory "/opt/rt3">
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>