[rt-users] RT2-to-RT3 migration lost ticket data and status change issues

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 31 21:05:04 EST 2008

On Dec 31, 2008, at 6:28 PM, Brian Friday wrote:

> On Dec 31, 2008, at 2:58 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
>
>> I assume select Status from Tickets where id = t-58818; returns
>> resolved?
>
> Correct

Ok, so it isn't a mapping issue from "old custom status" to "new custom
status" which is what I was worried about as first.

>>> I teased apart the ticket file and it doesn't actually have a Status
>>> field,
>>> which explains why it is showing up as new in rt3.
>>
> Hmm.. weird I am showing resolved as the status as I look at the
> ticket contents but then I am not familiar enough with how the
> ticket is constructed in the dumpfile. Status is in the
> FIELD_MAPPINGS of the rt-2.0-to-dumpfile and everything seems fine.

You're probably seeing the transaction setting it from new to resolved

You should search for nstore in rt-2.0-to-dumpfile, you'll find a call
to it around line 447
You want to add something like
use Data::Dumper; print STDERR Dumper($tick_ds);
above that so you can get a log of what is actually
going to disk.

After that you'll need to work backwords through the code
to see where the Status isn't being found/set and try
to trace the code that builds up $tick_ds

-kevin

> If you have indeed fixed the old version of search builder issue I
> can tell you that the fix does not work. I was only able to export
> the ticket metadata with the current search builder and was unable
> to export any of the transactions or attachment data. To get what I
> thought was the full data I had to use DBIx::SearchBuilder 0.99 only
> then did the data extract out (minus the status it seems).

I used a 1.3x or a 1.4x version of SearchBuilder, haven't tried with
one of the 1.5xs
I usually end up having the rt2 install and db copied to the new host
and working from
that for the export, although it varies from situation to situation.
I don't have access to
the hosts where the last export was done to check DBIx::SearchBuilder
versions.

-kevin