[rt-users] RT2-to-RT3 migration lost ticket data and status change issues

Brian Friday brian.friday at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 18:28:13 EST 2008

On Dec 31, 2008, at 2:58 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:

> I assume select Status from Tickets where id = t-58818; returns
> resolved?

Correct

Current System:
mysql> select Status from Tickets where id = 58818;
+----------+
| Status   |
+----------+
| resolved |
+----------+

New System:
mysql> select Status from Tickets where id = 58818;
+--------+
| Status |
+--------+
| new    |
+--------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

>>> Have you verified the output by using Storable to reinflate one of
>>> the
>>> stored ticket files?
>>
>> Without sample code I'd hazard a guess you've lost me regarding what
>> or how you wish me to use storable.
>
> Something like
> perl -MStorable -MData::Dumper -le 'print Dumper retrieve("t-111111")'
> should retrieve the contents.

bash-3.2$ perl -MStorable -MData::Dumper -le 'print Dumper
retrieve("t-58818")'
$VAR1 = undef;

>> I had thought so as well but in RT2 we are using status variables
>> which do not exist in RT3 and had to be
>> added. The comment section of that portion of the SiteConfig
>> indicates
>> the existing status's can not be removed.
>
> You can't remove them, there are hooks if you want to rename the rt2
> statuses to different ones in rt3 during the import.

Yah we want to use our old status names where possible. Would be nice in
future versions for the status values to be in a lookup table or
something less
static...

> I teased apart the ticket file and it doesn't actually have a Status
> field,
> which explains why it is showing up as new in rt3.
>
> You should verify that FIELD_MAPPINGS in rt-2.0-to-dumpfile
> for RT::Ticket contains Status and that your rt2 DB has a
> Status column that matches up.  The newer versions of
> rt-2.0-to-dumpfile use a hardcoded rt2 schema to avoid
> needing a really old version of SearchBuilder to function.

Hmm.. weird I am showing resolved as the status as I look at the
ticket contents but then I am not familiar enough with how the ticket
is constructed in the dumpfile. Status is in the FIELD_MAPPINGS of the
rt-2.0-to-dumpfile and everything seems fine.

If you have indeed fixed the old version of search builder issue I can
tell you that the fix does not work. I was only able to export the
ticket metadata with the current search builder and was unable to
export any of the transactions or attachment data. To get what I
thought was the full data I had to use DBIx::SearchBuilder 0.99 only
then did the data extract out (minus the status it seems).

- Brian