[rt-users] CanonicalizeEmailAddress

Patterson, Craig crpatter at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Wed Feb 6 15:29:34 EST 2008

Basically, you use it to replace an email address that you set a pattern
match for in RT_SiteConfig with another address, also set in
RT_SiteConfig

For example, in RT_SiteConfig you set...
Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch, '@foo\.com$');
Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace, '@foo.bar.com');

So, when someone sends in an email to RT from john.doe at foo.com, it
replaces it with john.doe at foo.bar.com.

We use this feature to make sure all of our local emails come in the
same way so we can recognize external emails easier.

Craig Patterson