[rt-users] Security based on custom field values?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue Feb 12 23:24:30 EST 2008

Idea is good and we implemented something like that in RTIR, however
it doesn't fit into the current RT's design really well. I think that
in your case it's better to use watchers to define suppliers and
clients and in 4.0 branch we're going to allow people to define more
watcher groups instead of the current hard-coded list. In 3.6 I don't
see really good way to implement something like that, except
publishing Clients and Suppliers as Cc watchers of a ticket, but this
means that they will have the same set of privileges on a ticket.

On Feb 11, 2008 11:46 PM, Ed Matthews <g8orade at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to set up RT with ticket user access governed by the values
> in custom fields? Example:
> Set up a queue and add 2 custom fields that are mandatory for each ticket in
> the queue.
>    * Suppliers (Single Select List of Values)
>    * Clients (Single Select List of Values)
> Set up users by giving them one or more clients and one or more carriers.
> Accessing the queue presents to the user only those tickets where their
> client and supplier user access settings intersect the values of the
> tickets.
>
> Sample Roles:
> Clients can see all tickets no matter what supplier.
> Suppliers can see all tickets no matter what customer.
> Internal users can see all tickets for the clients and carriers given them,
> (up to all).
>
> Thanks,
> Ed Matthews,
> g8orade at yahoo.com