[rt-users] RT Reporting - We need your wishlists

Samuel P. Howard sam.howard at officepcsupport.com
Fri Feb 15 14:47:25 EST 2008

Hi Jesse!

I've seen a lot of really great ideas come from this request so far, so
hopefully I can ask for something good, too.  :)

Following on a request from a previous e-mail, we could really use the
ability to report on tickets and get a breakdown in "Time Worked" per RT
user/technician.

Since a lot of our techs are contractors, we need to find a way to track
their time as they've entered it in RT ... no entry, no money ... helps
with keeping RT updated!  In a lot of cases, however, a single tech may
not work the entire ticket, so that's why we need the breakdown for each
tech for each ticket (say in "resolved" status).

Currently, we use a custom field to indicate if the ticket has been
billed out yet ("Customer Billed?"), but that just gives us the overall
Time Worked.  We still have to dredge through each ticket to look for
multiple tech's time.

It's painful now, but will be *much* worse as we continue to grow.

If anyone knows a way to do it with the existing tools, I'm all ears, BTW!!!

Thanks for giving us such an awesome product ... I've been an RT
advocate since RT v2.x.  If my perl didn't suck so much, I'd love to be
a contributor, but I don't think you want my perl ...  :)

Thanks,
Sam