[rt-users] Linking tickets across queues

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Feb 19 13:35:26 EST 2008

Mathew,

	Have you tried the "DependsOn" or "RefersTo" links? I use them and they
work great. When I "Display" any ticket with these links, the ticket
number, subject, and ticket status shows up in the links section for the
current ticket. It does not matter what queue the "linked" tickets are
in. I also have a query that reports all tickets in X queues that have
any Parent/Child, DependsOn/DependedOnBy, and RefersTo/ReferredToBy
links as well as the due dates for any of those tickets, who owns them,
what queue they are in, etc. I don't have to modify any RT base code to
do this {makes maintenence easier when doing upgrades :-)}. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL