[rt-users] Bcc to watchers who are not AdminCC

Paul Choi paulchoi at plaxo.com
Wed Feb 20 21:42:40 EST 2008

I found a brute-force method to do this. It's like using a firehose to
put out a candle, but oh well. This is the best I can come up with. :)

I created SendEmail_Local.pm and modified sub Prepare:

    $self->SetHeader( 'To', join ( ', ', @{ $self->{'To'} } ) )
      if ( ! $MIMEObj->head->get('To') &&  $self->{'To'} && @{
$self->{'To'} } )
;
    #$self->SetHeader( 'Cc', join ( ', ', @{ $self->{'Cc'} } ) )
    #  if ( !$MIMEObj->head->get('Cc') && $self->{'Cc'} && @{
$self->{'Cc'} } );
    #$self->SetHeader( 'Bcc', join ( ', ', @{ $self->{'Bcc'} } ) )
    #  if ( !$MIMEObj->head->get('Bcc') && $self->{'Bcc'} && @{
$self->{'Bcc'} }
 );
    my @bcclist;
    push @bcclist, @{ $self->{'Cc'} }
    push @bcclist, @{ $self->{'Bcc'} }
      if ( !$MIMEObj->head->get('Bcc') && $self->{'Bcc'} && @{
$self->{'Bcc'} }
);

    $self->SetHeader( 'Bcc', join ( ', ', @bcclist ) )
      if (scalar @bcclist != 0);

The change above simply takes the contents of 'Cc' and adds them to 'Bcc'.

I'd love to find out if there's a gentler way to do it via a scrip or
something. Maybe when I can figure out how to add a ScripAction. :)

Paul Choi
Plaxo, Inc.