[rt-users] Self-Service Interface

Joe Casadonte joe.casadonte at oracle.com
Sat Feb 23 08:44:56 EST 2008

On 2/22/2008 4:42 PM, Steve Cochran wrote:

> Yep, read through that and
>
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/AutoRedirectToSelfService
>
> I was wondering if anyone was using them and how the experience worked
> for users. The other thought I had was using the one you suggested,
> making the Self Service the default (not sure how yet), and then also
> modifying the self service tabs to add a link to the "Advanced" interface.

Well, we use it here, and most people like it (personally I abhor the
Self Service interface, but then I use Emacs & VI by choice, so I guess
it's to be expected).  Self Service is the default already, and there
exists an "Advanced" link at the top right near the login/logout link.
Adding it as a tab option instead is a very straight-forward thing to
do, at least for the non-Self Service interface.

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
joe.casadonte at oracle.com

== The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not ==
== necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.               ==