[rt-users] Queue-specific Ticket CF's in RT At-a-glance

Joe Casadonte joe.casadonte at oracle.com
Mon Feb 25 11:34:41 EST 2008

On 2/22/2008 7:38 PM, Joe Casadonte wrote:

> Every Queue we have has a CF called 'SubCategory', each with it's own
> values.  Whenever tickets are listed, I would like to see the value of
> this CF.  The fact that it has the same name may be what makes this
> work, since most code I've seen tries to load by name, queue-specific
> first, then global.  Any thoughts on this type of hack?

Well, if I assign one of the SubCategory CFs to ALL queues, then it
appears in the column display list and I can add it to queries.  As long
as this CF is assigned to all queues, though there are several problems:

1) it overrides the queue-specific CF in the output
2) I can see it in all tickets, which I don't want

If I remove the CF, then the query results show me what I expect, and
the tickets only have one SubCategory, as expected.  So while this is OK
for setting up the saved queries, it's not a long-term solution.

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
joe.casadonte at oracle.com

== The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not ==
== necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.               ==