[rt-users] New Clean Install RT 3.6.5 -- Incoming Email FailingTo Create Ticket -- Fixed It

tmccarthy mccarthy at cablespeed.com
Mon Feb 25 22:04:37 EST 2008

All

Thank you for your help.

To document root cause and fix.

In Sendmail alias file when you use an IP address for url it fails. When you
replace the IP with "localhost" it works.
Rt-mailgate --url http://172.1.1.13/rt3 fails
rt-mailgate --url http://localhost/rt3 works

by the way, just to make it interesting rt-mailgate --url
http://172.1.1.13/rt3 works at the command line.

Again thanks

Best
Tom