[rt-users] Generate a billing report?

Tom Lanyon tom at netspot.com.au
Thu Feb 28 21:46:25 EST 2008

You could do that pretty easily with a basic SQL query...

select
     objectid as ticket,
     date_trunc('month', created) as month,
     sum(cast(newvalue as int) - cast(oldvalue as int)) as timeworked
from transactions where
     field = 'TimeWorked' and type = 'Set'
     and objecttype = 'RT::Ticket'
     and newvalue > oldvalue
group by ticket, month
order by month desc;

That will show you time worked, per ticket, per month for your
billing. Get rid of the 'group by' clause and the sum() on timeworked
and you'll have more of a break down of how many times each ticket was
worked on and for how long.

Tom