[rt-users] Customer Service Workflow

Steve Cochran stephen.cochran at kingarthurflour.com
Sun Jan 13 21:23:04 EST 2008

In setting up RT for our CS group, one question about workflow entered
the discussion. Requests from customers are very minimal, not
requiring lots of time or followup.

Assuming that, I think most tickets would be closed after the first
answer. This would be easy to do with a Scrip. But when/if the user
responds, the ticket is reopened but still owned by the first
responder. This could also be changed to be unowned again by a scrip
I'm guessing.

Reopened tickets being unowned is important in case the first person
to respond has gone home or is off when the ticket reopens. But if
they are still there, it would be nice if it was routed to them.

How do most people handle this workflow? Ideally, if the CS staff is
still working, leave it assigned to them, otherwise make it unowned. I
was considering a cron job that would make all open tickets unowned
every night after 9pm when our staff leaves for the day.

Thoughts?

Steve