[rt-users] Ticket history and Website issue

Niko Tyni ntyni+rt-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Wed Jan 16 09:18:22 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 02:58:00PM +0100, Emmanuel Lacour wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 01:49:10PM +0100, "Wendler, Jürgen" wrote:

> > I'm running RT 3.6.1-4 on a Debian Etch Linux with Apache2 with mod_perl2 and mysql 5 and it showas a strange behaviour.
> > I got a Ticket where the History isn't shown on the Web Site.

> I had a similar problem, it was due to a bug of an non mandatory
> dependency of RT (I think it was Text::Quoted, not sure). After
> _removing_ this module, no more problem.

Yes, that's a Perl bug affecting Text::Quoted. Unfortunately Text::Quoted
is still mandatory with RT 3.6.1; you'll have to edit a Mason file to
disable it.

>From NOTES.Debian starting with request-tracker3.6 3.6.4-1 (ie. added
after Etch):

 INCOMPLETE DISPLAY OF TICKET CONTENTS
 -------------------------------------

 If you can't see all the content of your tickets, you may be hitting
 a Perl bug that makes it crash with some UTF-8 data sequences.
 See http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=40989 .
 Starting with 3.6.3, a workaround is to remove the libtext-quoted-perl
 package. Another workaround is to copy
  /usr/share/request-tracker3.6/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowTransactionAttachments
 into
  /usr/local/share/request-tracker3.6/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowTransactionAttachments
 and comment out the Text::Quoted call in the local copy.

I believe the bug is fixed in the recently-released Perl 5.10, which should get
into the next Debian release.

Hope this helps,
Niko Tyni   ntyni at debian.org