[rt-users] Set Requestor using current users

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Fri Jan 25 17:05:41 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 03:58:32PM -0500, Keith wrote:
> Still evaluating RT for use in my office and trying to figure out if it can
> do something our current Ticket software does. Our users aren't going to be
> using RT to log tickets themselves. They'll either send tickets in by email
> or call into our phone support and we'll take care of getting the tickets
> into RT. In the "New Ticket" form, the Requestor field is just a text field
> that auto-fills in with the currently logged in user. That won't work for us
> since the Requestors will all be external users. Our current ticket software
> has a text/dropdown that lets you either choose from the dropdown or enter a
> new user. Is there any way to make RT do something similar?
> I was thinking a separate custom field that is a dropdown of existing users,
> but I don't see how to have that value assigned back as the Requestor.
>
> Has anyone else needed this kind of feature and figured something out?

Here we modified a little bit the share/html/Ticket/Create.html, to
propose as requestor a list of emails from our customer database or a
free form.

Not difficult to do IMHO if you now a little bit of perl and html.

I cannot send you a patch because it is very specific to our company
(xmlrpc to get custmers emails depending on the queue).