[rt-users] Scrip ordering and commmitting

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 28 11:50:13 EST 2008

One of our users would like to be added to a ticket as an AdminCc
(and be notified) whenever a particular requestor sends (new) mail to
the queue. I thought I could do this by taking advantage of the
scrip-ordering feature:

   00 On Create User Defined (add user as AdminCc if requestor matches a list)
   99 On Create Notify AdminCc ...

The first part works fine - the user is added to the ticket as
AdminCc. However, the second scrip finds no AdminCcs and sends no
mail (No recipients found. Not sending). The scrips are definitely
executing in the expected order - the RT log tells me so.

I thought that for a given transaction, each scrip was committed in
order - so I expected scrip 99 to see the new AdminCc and send mail.
But apparently not.

Can anyone explain why the newly minted AdminCc does not get a notification?

Thanks,
Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)