[rt-users] Restrict a requestor assign rights

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 30 16:28:39 EST 2008

Jeffrey,

	You need to understand the RT privileges and their relationships. If
you are using self-service to ticket creation, merely limit what the
user can put into an email that creates a ticket. If you allow ticket
creation using WebUI, then you need to be careful of the "Global" rights
you grant, as well as the rights you grant to groups on a per-queue
basis. If you want to restrict ticket assignment to certain groups per
queue, then for those users that you want to be able to assign/take
tickets, they need to be in a group that has the following rights for
that queue:

	"CreateTicket" (in case they have children tickets)
	"OwnTicket"
	"ReplyToTicket" (allows communication with requestors via email)
	"SeeQueue"
	"ShowTicket"
	"SeeOutgoingEmail"
	"ShowTicketComments"
	"StealTicket" (unless you want only AdminCc to re-assign tickets)
	"TakeTicket"

	I'd reserve "ModifyTicket" for the roles "AdminCc" and "Owner". That
way you don't have a bunch of people messing up tickets that are owned
by others.c Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL