[rt-users] Trouble with LDAP authentication (equivalent config)

Tom Lanyon tom at netspot.com.au
Wed Jul 2 10:11:04 EDT 2008

On 02/07/2008, at 10:43 PM, mailing list wrote:

> --- On Tue, 7/1/08, Tom Lanyon <tom at netspot.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Do you have SELinux enabled? Check your /var/log/audit/audit.log for
>> any 'denied' messages and repair them. You might need to create a
>> policy which allows Apache (mod_perl) or FastCGI processes to connect
>> to LDAP(S) via TCP.
>
> SELinux is disabled (from /etc/selinux/config) and I do not have
> the /var/log/audit/audit.log file (this is for SELinux specifically
> I take it?).
>
> Regards,
>

> Mike

Remember to CC the list.

Yes, audit.log is created by auditd, the selinux auditing daemon.

If that's not the case, I'm not sure as I haven't dealt with the LDAP
authentication. However, I'd be checking the RT log for either errors
that module. Also test whether Net::LDAP and RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
are installed (and installed for the correct Perl).

Regards,
Tom