[rt-users] Delete a ticket

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Thu Jul 3 08:29:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 01:05:20PM +0100, Steve Handscomb wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is probably one of those times where I will press send, and about a
> second get the answer myself, nonetheless my question is "How do I
> delete a ticket?"
>
> I've checked and confirmed I do have the global right to DeleteTicket,
> but I cannot find it anywhere; I am expecting it to be near to "Comment,
> Reply, Resolve" but have searched high & low elsewhere.

To delete, you just have to change the ticket status to deleted in
ticket basics. THe ticket isn't really deleted but marked as deleted and
no longer shown in the UI.

In 3.8, the included Schredder module (as an external module on cpan.org
for 3.6) make it possible to really wipe out tickets from the DB.