[rt-users] Add comment using CLI

Jon Codispoti joncodis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 16:25:18 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,
2 Questions on RT command line tools.  Using version 3.6.3 here.
1.   I've used "rt-crontool" to add comments to tickets based on a scheduled
query and like that functionality.
      Is there a way to add comments to tickets on the fly using the "rt"
CLI interface?
      I've looked at the help and examples and did not see anything obvious.
2.  I know the "rt" CLI interface can make use of environment variables like
RTUSER, RTPASSWD, RTSERVER, etc..
    Can the rt-crontool use these as well?  It seems to only utilize the
credentials of the logged on user and ignores the environment settings.

Thanks in advance!