[rt-users] Permissions by custom field

Braam van Heerden Braam.van.Heerden at conversant.co.za
Fri Jul 11 09:01:58 EDT 2008

Greetings,

After reading the permissions wiki I still can't figure out how to
achieve what my MD wants.  Please excuse me if this is described there.
I am still fairly new at RT and the permissions system.

We have a queue called Support where all our product support requests
from clients go into.  We also have a custom field called "Client" that
contains the name of the customer the ticket was raised for.  Our
customers can log into RT and see all the tickets they originated, but
some managers would like to see all the tickets generated for their
company.  How can we set up the permissions to achieve this?

Clients are not allowed to see other client's tickets, and we would
prefer not to create a queue for each customer, as this sometimes vary.

Any tips would be appreciated.  We are running RT 3.6.6.

Thanks :)

Braam van Heerden
Conversant Systems (Pty) Ltd
Tel: +27 11 782 2930