[rt-users] Permissions by custom field

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Jul 11 12:39:13 EDT 2008

Braam,

	I'm a bit confused. Your subject line mentions permissions and I don't
see that question here. As to Custom Fields, what is the correlation
between customer and company? Normally, I would think it was  one to
one. However, if you are creating tickets for someone else, you can
modify the "Requestor" to be the customer and not you. You will still be
the "creator". Then, you can have a CF that is the company.
	Permissions would be simpler. You could grant the right to "ShowTicket"
Globally to the "Requestor" role and that would keep your "customer"
from seeing other "customer (Requestor)" tickets. Then you merely go to
your Custom Field and apply it to the support queue and then go to
"Group Rights" and grant "SeeCustomField" to Privileged. That way all
privileged users will be able to see that field as well as the ticket in
a queue they are privileged to access. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL