[rt-users] RT Prompts to download instead of showing login page after automatic system upgrade

Mark E. Walker mwalker at dvti.com
Sun Jul 13 09:13:19 EDT 2008

Greetings all,

My RT has been working beautifully for a few months now, but after the following upgrade, it is prompting me to download a zero length file, coincidentally named identically to my site name with underscores instead of periods.  The site is installed in a virtualmin environment which upgrades automatically.

The upgrade messages I received are as follows:

An update to mysql 5.0.62-1.el4_6 is needed : New version released This update has been successfully installed.

An update to mysql-server 5.0.62-1.el4_6 is needed : New version released This update has been successfully installed.

An update to perl 5.8.8-6.el4s1_3 is needed : New version released This update has been successfully installed.

An update to perl-DBD-MySQL 4.006-1.el4.centos is needed : New version released This update has been successfully installed.

An update to php 5.1.6-3.el4s1.9 is needed : New version released This update has been successfully installed.

An update to php-cli 5.1.6-3.el4s1.9 is needed : New version released This update has been successfully installed.

I have done make testdeps and everything is still found.  My apache configuration hasn't changed.  The database is still there, and still accessible under the username/password configured in RT.

There are no errors in the error_log for apache, and the access log looks like this:

216.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [11/Jul/2008:19:42:31 -0500] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)"

Nothing else gets logged unless PERL is logging somewhere else that I'm not aware of.

The file that gets downloaded is example_com when going to www.example.com<http://www.example.com>.  (not, of course the actual site name.)

I have no idea what else to look for.  I've been doing google searches for a week now, but I just don't have anything specific enough to search for.  I know it's related to the updates, but just can't find anything wrong.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated.

mw