[rt-users] Permissions by custom field

Roy El-Hames rfh at vialtus.com
Mon Jul 14 09:47:11 EDT 2008

Hi Braam;

Its always interesting to read Todd's suggestions cause he is always
spot on; but could n't find them in the thread , ist possible to forward
them to the list please.
With regard to dealing with customers, our implementation here is
exactly as you suggested, we group our customer contacts , if any of the
contacts open a ticket (via web/mail), a scrip action add the rest of
the customer group contacts as requestors; and a set a cf to the
customer name(organisation), then all customer contacts can login to the
self service interface and view/update the tickets.
This have served us well for the past few years, the only issue we get
every now and then, is when we add a new customer contact that need
visibility of old ticket, for this I have a perl script that crawl
tickets looking for tickets with cf for the customer and add the new
contact as requester.
I am not an admirer of queue per customer, my philosophy is that queues
should represent the internal departments.

Regards;
Roy