[rt-users] Modify ticket parameters via URL in general

rt at viewbankrise.net.au rt at viewbankrise.net.au
Mon Jul 14 22:21:22 EDT 2008

Hello,

First of all, many thanks to those who responded to my last email and have
helped out thus far!

I now know how to update ticket properties such as queue and priority as
well as custom fields using url query string parameters like:

http://rt.mydomain.com/rt/Tickets/Modify.html?id=6&Queue=NewQueue&Priority=5
&Object-RT::Ticket-6-CustomField-8-Values=12

This is great, and does exactly what I want, opening the ticket in 'modify'
view with the detail already set to the new values.

What I want to be able to do now, though, is essentially the same thing, but
without opening the Modify page (or Display, or ModifyAll, etc) but to
return to the RT home page ('RT at a Glance')

I have tried to do this with a URL like:

http://rt.mydomain.com/rt/index.html?id=6&Queue=NewQueue&Priority=5&Object-R
T::Ticket-6-CustomField-8-Values=12

But this does not seem to behave the same way.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any siggestions,

Regards,  Mike.