[rt-users] RT stopped working after latest yum updates

Mark E. Walker mwalker at dvti.com
Wed Jul 16 12:19:36 EDT 2008

Hi Kobus,

I had the same problem about two weeks ago.  Unfortunately, I never did find out EXACTLY what the problem was, however, an upgrade to 3.8 fixed it.  Testdeps and fixdeps didn't help me, everything was there.

My upgrade consisted of backing up the database, blowing away the site, and doing the upgrade install as per the README.

Now the Upgrade install did the required testdeps/fixdeps, and that may have done something after blowing away the site.  I'm not sure.

During my testing I found out the following:  If I removed the perlhandler directive in the apache config, the site came up, but it was the "you're almost there" page.  Putting it back in brought up the download again.  I had no errors anywhere in any log files.

My guess is that mason is crashing somewhere and the resulting zero length file returned to the browser doesn't have any mime type so it tries to download a file.  Unfortunately, fixing that is beyond my current level with RT/Perl and Mason.

I know this may not have helped much, and I apologize, but maybe it will provide a little more info to get you or the community on the way.

Let us know what you eventually do to fix this.  I think it's going to be a recurring theme with the perl/myself update.

mw