[rt-users] RT 3.8 comments

Bill Davis daviswj at comcast.net
Wed Jul 16 16:37:22 EDT 2008

Have just upgraded RT 3.6.5 to RT 3.8 and am quite impressed overall ...
kudos to all involved in its development :o) ...

... however there are a few minor things I'd like to modify:

1. Inevitably a certain amount of spam leaks through the spam filters
and creates tickets ... currently on each one that isn't obvious spam
from the title, I have to view it, select "Basics", select status
"deleted", & then click "Save Changes" ... a 3 step process. What I'd
like to do is add a "Delete" choice to the "Open --- Comment --- Reply
--- Resolve --- Star (bookmark)" bar in the upper right of the Ticket
History screen, so that one click would change the ticket status to
"deleted".  I had modified 3.6.5 to do this in accordance with someone's
contribution (whose or where I don't recall) ... but I doubt that mod
would still fit 3.8.

2. I'd like to be able to set the default refresh interval for a least
the "At A Glance" page (in user preferences would be nice, but I'd be
happy with a RT_SiteConfig alternative.  RT defaults to "Do not refresh"
(in my opinion a poor choice), requiring this to be reset at every login.

3. I'd previously configured 3.6.5 so that certain high priorities
displayed the priority number in different color,  I'd like to do the
same in 3.8 but haven't been able to locate what or where to modify (I'm
Perl ignorant ... or know just enough to be dangerous :o) ).

Any pointers or suggestions regarding any of these are greatly
appreciated ...

Bill Davis