[rt-users] Problems installing RT 3.8 on Centos 5.2 with FastCGI

Sean McCreadie smccreadie at CanyonPartners.com
Tue Jul 22 14:58:56 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to install RT 3.8 on Centos 5.2 from source.  I have been
following the RHEL4 Install Guide on the wiki and trying to make it work
as best I can.  Im running into a problem with installing FastCGI,
apparently http-devel build directories are in a different location than
they are in Centos4, and I think the FastCGI makefile needs to represent
this.   I editing the makefile to point to /usr/lib/http for the
location of the Apache installation, but im not sure if this is right.
When I type "make" it appears to run and then gives this line:

   " /usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file
or directory

   mod_fastcgi.c: In function 'open_connection_to_fs':

   mod_fastcgi.c:1083: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will
break strict-aliasing rules

   make: *** [mod_fastcgi.slo] Error 1"

Then when I try:  service httpd start I get:

 "Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 210 of
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of
/etc/httpd/conf.d/FastCGI.conf: Cannot load
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_fastcgi.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_fastcgi.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory"

I understand its creating the error because the file doesn't exist, but
Im lost as to what I need to do to correct it.  If anyone has any
experience or ideas on this it will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
again.

Sean McCreadie