[rt-users] Backing up attachments table in MYSQL RT3.6.4

andrew fay andrew.fay at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jul 30 10:26:51 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am having a problem backing up the mysql db for our RT installation,

I can back it up correctly into an SQL file.. move it to another machine with mysql running and get errors trying to restore it.

If I remove the attachments table from the restore then it restores fine,

the error i get is :

Error while executing this query:INSERT INTO `rtdb`.`Attachments` VALUES  (179,455,178,'','',NULL,'text/plain','none'

etc and then a mess of illedgable text.

I am looking into upgrading to the latest version of RT but I don't want to do this until I can back everything up correctly.

Ideally I would like the attachments backed up though.

If
the attachment table can't be saved what will happen if I restore this
DB on top of a new installation ? will I just not be able to browse the
attachments or will this make it so we are unable to browse the old
tickets?

I say this because the new RT will be running on a different machine as this one is coming to the end of it's life unfortunatly.

Thanks in advance!

Andy