[rt-users] Illegal value for EmailAddress

Kevin Freels kfreels at sendmail.com
Wed Jun 25 11:41:40 EDT 2008

Greetings!

Okay, this is a weird one....

I have set up several user accounts, and have had no trouble setting up
email addresses as needed for those users. However, when I go to
add/modify my *own* address to "kfreels at sendmail.com", I get:

  User kfreels: Illegal value for EmailAddress

and it reverts back to the one I had before. I can change it to
*anything* but that (examples: kevin at sendmail.com, kfreels at fred.com,
etc), but just not "kfreels at sendmail.com". Any other user is just fine
with <user>@sendmail.com. The only thing I can think of is that I have a
local account on this box whereas the other users do not. So I tried
removing the UnixAccount, Nickname, and everything else, but nothing
changed.

Nothing in the httpd access or error logs, or syslog (BTW, are there any
transaction logs to look at?).

Hints?

RT 3.6.5 / FC8

Thanks, as always.....