[rt-users] RT 3.6.6 Silently Dropping Messages with Attachments

Michael Maxwell mmaxwell at blackarrow.tv
Wed Jun 25 19:27:15 EDT 2008

Hello,

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but if so, I must have
missed it.

We have rt-3.6.6 running on linux (CentOS 4.6).  We're using fetchmail as
the means of getting email to the system from an IMAP server hosted offsite.
Normal emails (emails without attachments) go through fine and create
tickets as expected.  However, any message that contains an attachment of
any size never seems to make it through to RT.  Fetchmail configuration
doesn't appear to be an issue - and as far as fetchmail is concerned
(according to the documentation), attachments are a non-issue.

I've added a few lines to the RT_SiteConfig.pm to try to get it working, but
so far, no good.  I have the following as the only options that pertain to
mail handling:

Set($TruncateLongAttachments , undef);
Set($MaxAttachmentSize , 10000000);
Set($DropLongAttachments , undef);

Any help or pointers to things to check would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks