[rt-users] Mail setup - forwarding from Exchange

james machado hvgeekwtrvl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 13:51:55 EST 2008

Juan,

On your exchange server you need to make a new SMTP connector - go into
Exchange System Manager| Administrative Groups| MAIN (or your group name)|
Routing Groups | <same group as above> | Connectors  and then make a new
connector.  You will tell it that anything going to helpdesk at domain.com will
be sent to your RT server using the "forward all mail through this connector
to the following smart hosts".  Address space will let you set the address
space (domain) that you want to forward.

If the address you want to forward is in the same domain as your normal
email then you have a second choice which is to make an additional message
store, move the mail box of the email user into that message store and have
everything in that message store forwarded to your RT host.  This uses the
same idea as email Archiving.

Just remember it's Exchange so by definition it's a PITA.

James