[rt-users] Question on Reminders or self opening Tickets

Thomas Hecker heckt007 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:42:50 EDT 2008

Hi All,

i'd like to use RT for some recurring todoes. We all have todoes like
checking the monthly availability of an update ore something like this.

I allreade tried to use the rt reminders, but they dpn't work the way i want
(or maybe i don't see how to get it work). Well what i try to do is the
following:

i create a new tickes wich say's "check website domain.com for an update of
the Software X". After checking if an update is available, i close this
ticket. On the first of the next month, this ticket automatically will be
re-opend (or a new one generated).

The fist way i tried to do this, was to create a reminder with a definition
for the late dates. When the naxt date inside the riminder is reached, a new
ticket should be opend. But this did not worked. I allways see an reminder
in the dashboard, but whe e date is reached, nothing happens - no ticket is
generated.

So maybe someone can help me with creating such reminders (and maybe
writing  the needed scrips to get this work)?

I'm using RT 3.6.6

Thanks a lot
Thomas