[rt-users] Moving RT to another Server

John BORIS jboris at adphila.org
Fri Mar 14 11:54:38 EDT 2008

I am part way finished moving a working RT-3.4.5 installation to a newer
server running MySQL 5, PHP 5 and Fedora 8. I tarred up the rt
installation and put it in the same place on the new server. I did a
mysqldump of the rt3 database and then ran that on the new server. The
running installation is using FastCGI which I can't get installed on the
newer server since the Apache source is not on the new server. So I
decided to use mod_perl. Looking at the Bok RT Essentials I think I have
it set right but now I got the "Almost There" page when I try to login.

The error logs show a missing favicon.ico file.

Here is my rt portion of my httpd.conf file:

<VirtualHost myserverip>
        DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
        ErrorLog logs/rt_error_log
        ServerAdmin myemail
        ServerName rt.adphila.org

        Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

        PerlModule Apache::DBI
        PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
        TransferLog logs/rt_access_log
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml
        <Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
                Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>

        ErrorLog logs/rt_error_log
        <Location /rt3>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>

Any pointers would be appreciated.

TIA

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia

"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"