[rt-users] RT Query - Ticket SQL

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 27 19:41:45 EDT 2008

Ruslan,

	What can I say? I'm just one of those guys who looks at things from a
unique perspective ;-). Actually, the real need is based on the
situation I mentioned, a manager with many, many queues to manage. I
think it would be reasonable for a manager to want a query like that.
	On another query note, I went ahead and built a query searching for 15
queues (queue = 'xx' OR queue = 'yy', etc) and when I went to the sort
preferences and specified queue. The results were NOT alphabetical at
all, it was by queue_id. Bummer. There was no option of selecting "Queue
Name" either. When I ran the search anyway and then "left-clicked' the
Queue heading (supposed to cause results to re-sort by that heading), it
stretched out the subject column for 200 someodd spaces. Wierd also.
Then I tried to create a Time Worked search pulling the same queues and
tried to set the sort preference by owner and THAT also was not an
option. It seems to me that if you offer the time elements of a ticket,
why not offer the ability to sort the results by owner? Wouldn't that be
a realistic need for a manager? Am I missing some parts for my search
engine or what? It seems a bit "unfinished". Any help here would REALLY
be helpful. Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL