[rt-users] Promoting a non-privileged user to a privileged user

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 31 14:34:13 EDT 2008

At Monday 3/31/2008 02:16 PM, Paulo Filipe Andrade wrote:

>I want to modify the LDAP patch to allow for escalating a user to
>privileged if certain conditions apply.
>However I don't know the correct way to do this escalation..  I don't
>quite understand how RT uses ACLs and Principals to get this working.

Paulo,

If you have an RT::User object (e.g. $user ) you can do this to make
the user privileged:

$user->SetPrivileged(1);

Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - SAIS
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)