[rt-users] Spreeadsheet, utf-8 and ms excel

Thu May 1 11:50:21 EDT 2008

Il giorno gio, 01/05/2008 alle 09.55 -0400, Jesse Vincent ha scritto:
> On May 1, 2008, at 8:21 AM, Mailing List SVR wrote:
> > When export a search result as tsv spreedsheet ms excel doesn't
> > properly
> > display non ASCII characters:
> >
> > for example ò is displayed as ò
> >
> > and so on,
> >

> Nicola, What RT are you testing with?

Thanks for your quick answer,

I'm using rt 3.6.5 on centos 5.1,

I quickly looked at 3.6.6 code and doesn't seem there are changes
related to spreeadsheet generation

If I open the tsv file with notepad and save it as unicode and then I
open the file with ms excel all is fine,

If I open with openoffice calc and import as utf-8 all is fine,

even if I change content_type from application/vnd.ms-excel to text/csv
in Results.csv source file and then I import the generated tsv in ms
excel and specify utf-8 encoding all is fine

maybe some header in missing in tsv generation