[rt-users] WATCHERS

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu May 1 12:29:01 EDT 2008

Andrew,

	Gene is right, it CAN get confusing, especially when you are just
starting. For example, the "Watch" and "WatchAsAdminCc" rights have
NOTHING to do with getting email notifications. They allow a person to
ADD that kind of watcher to a ticket as a seperate privilege from
"ModfiyTicket". Let's say you are a "requestor" and the only rights the
Administrator wants "Requestors" to have (globally) is "CreateTicket",
"SeeQueue", "ShowTicket", ReplyToTicket". Although the first 3 have to
do with creating and "Seeing" your OWN ticket, the last one allows you
to respond to a notification from RT and have your response added to the
ticket history. You cannot modify the ticket in any other way. The
"Watch" rights have to do with allowing that person (in this case a
"Requestor") to "ADD" a watcher to their own ticket so that IF (that's a
big if) there is a scrip for notifying OTHERS with correspondence, then
the person they add will ALSO get a copy of any email correspondence.
Let's say you wanted a team member to get a copy, or your boss, when
normally they are not a watcher for tickets in a particular queue. This
right let's the "Requestor" (or whomever has this right) to add someone
to the list of email recipients PROVIDING there is a scrip that will be
triggered to notify them.
	Your situation sounds like you need to go to the queue basics page and
add a watcher there AND be sure you have a notification scrip in play
(globally or for that queue) that will "Notify AdminCc" or "Notify Cc's"
On Correspondence. That may be a lot of email, but, "you da boss". Hope
this helps.

Kenn
LBNL