[rt-users] WATCHERS

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Thu May 1 11:41:43 EDT 2008

Hi Andrew,

It can get confusing.

Queue watchers don't appear on tickets because they are not associated with
the ticket, just the queue.  If they were added to the ticket, then they
would stay with it when it moves to another queue (where they may not be
watchers).  Watchers that are assigned to tickets stay with the ticket
regardless where it ends up.

When a transaction generates an e-mail to watchers, it should go to all
queue watchers for the queue that it's in plus any watchers assigned to
that ticket.  There are exceptions (generally the person who creates a
transaction doesn't get notified of it, even if she's a watcher, because
she should already know about it), but mostly that's how it works.

You can't tell who the queue watchers are by looking at a ticket.

Regards,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC