[rt-users] Custom Field Drop down

Aaron Sallade asallade at PTSOWA.ORG
Mon May 5 22:32:42 EDT 2008

We use the "Requestor Dropdown" from the wiki. It uses JavaScript that
could be modified to populate any custom field. It groups users by the
"Organization" value in the user data, but you could modify the code to
feed from a custom field in users I imagine.

Aaron Sallade'
Application Manager
PTSO of Washington
"Shared Technology for Community Health"
(206) 613-8938 Desk
(206) 521-8833 Main
(206) 613-5078 Fax
asallade at ptsowa.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenneth Crocker [mailto:KFCrocker at lbl.gov]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 3:39 PM
To: rt Users
Subject: [rt-users] Custom Field Drop down

To all,

	I was wondering if anyone had created a Custom Field that was
pre-filled with members of a group or list of users. What I want to do
is create a CF that can either be pre-filled from members of an existing

group or allow a drop-down selection of group members (from a list of
groups) to be selected/added as initial values for the CF. This allows a

ticket owner or Manager of a queue to choose a user (from the list of
available "user-names/values") to act as the person of interest for
whatever function the CF stands for. It would offer tremendous
flexibility for any RT installation that involves a lot of workflow
functionality. Anyone??

Kenn
LBNL