[rt-users] Syslog Problem Under Solaris 10 (Re: RT 3.8 beta 2 now available)

Alan Cheng chenga at ias.edu
Thu May 8 00:55:51 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Anyone tried to install RT-3.7.85 under Solaris 10?  I can't work around
the syslog problem while executing "make initialize-database" even with
the following in my RT_SiteConfig.pm:

@LogToSyslogConf = ( socket => 'stream' ) unless (@LogToSyslogConf);

Also tried "inet" and "native" without success.  The above solution does
work for 3.6.6 I am currently running though.

[Thu May  8 04:44:35 2008] [crit]: no connection to syslog available
        - /dev/conslog is not a socket at
/opt/csw/share/perl/csw/Log/Dispatch/Syslog.pm line 71
(/opt/rt3-beta/lib/RT.pm:358)
no connection to syslog available

Thanks,

Alan