[rt-users] RT 3.6.3; how to have queue-specific scrip override global?

Maurice Chung maurice at iparadigms.com
Thu May 8 22:47:17 EDT 2008

Hi Gene (and Kenneth) -

The global scrip I want to override, executes 'On Create Autoreply To Requestors with template <name_of_our_template>' - which just sends an email on ticket creation.

I created a queue-specific template of the same name as above ("<name_of_our_template>") but rather than sending the reply email with the new, local template version, it doesn't send an email at all.

The one thing I'm wondering if it's the problem, is that the name of the global scrip that's being executed (the one referenced in the first paragraph above) has the same name as the template (both global and local) - could this be an issue?

If this doesn't pan out, we may try installing this patch:
(bottom of page)
http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/pape/rt3screenshots/

Thanks again sirs!
maurice
ps. Turning off global scrips and reinstating them for each queue except the one, did occur to me, but seemed so inelegant =)  but I guess in the end if I have to go that route, I shall!

Maurice Chung
JrSysAdmin
iParadigms, LLC - developers of Turnitin and iThenticate
1624 Franklin Street, 7th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
p +1.510.287.9720 x309
f +1.510.444.1952
e maurice at iparadigms.com

iParadigms, LLC is committed to developing standard-setting,
internet-based tools that protect intellectual property, promote
academic and corporate integrity, and improve overall client
productivity.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.