[rt-users] Delete Attachment or Ticket, remove confidential information

Seymour, Jennifer jennifer.seymour at teachforamerica.org
Thu May 15 11:36:52 EDT 2008

RT 3.4.5

Gentoo (2.6.14-gentoo-r5)

I've searched the wiki and the RT essentials book to no avail... I need
to delete a ticket, or remove a (confidential) attachment that was
included in a ticket.  According to the wiki, I need "delete ticket"
permission either in my group or my user.  I am a member of "SuperUser"
(among other groups) and I am "JaneDoe" user.

Configuration - Global - GroupRights - SuperUser - Delete Ticket

Configuration - Global - UserRights - JaneDoe - Delete Ticket

Configuration - Queues - MYQueue- GroupRights - Delete Ticket

Configuration - Queues - Myqueue - UserRights - JaneDoe - Delete Ticket

I am the owner of the ticket.  I've logged in and out of RT several
times after making permission changes.  When I access the ticket and
click "Reply" or "Resolve" or "comment" and access the Status combo box-
there is no entry for "delete".

I'm at a loss, what am I missing?

Alternately, if I cannot delete the ticket, is there a way to delete the
attachment? I found no references to this in the wiki or documentation -
is this possible?

Thanks,

Jennifer Seymour

This communication and any file transmitted with it may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.